On the “Transactions” page, you can:
- Review all of your account's transactions (each campaign’s accrued costs, as well as your account’s payments, adjustments, and taxes)
- Print or download invoices
Sign in to your Google Ads account.
Click the tool icon and under "Billing" choose Summary.
- From the menu on the left, click Transactions.
What’s on your Transactions page
All your transactions are organized by month, and will show from newest to oldest, with the month’s starting balance at the bottom, and ending balance at the top. Note that transactions are always shown in Pacific Standard Time (PST), even if your account is set to a different time zone.
Here's what you'll see for different transactions.
|"Date" column||"Description" column||"Amount" column|
|Costs||Date range in which a campaign showed ads and accrued costs. For example, for May, if the first day your campaign began accruing costs was May 5, and the last day was May 27, you’d see May 5 - 27, 2018.||Campaign name and number of accrued clicks, impressions, or views corresponding to the cost||A positive number showing costs accrued by the campaign that month|
|Payments||Date payment processed||Payment type (automatic vs. manual) and payment method used for a payment||A negative number showing the payment amount|
|Adjustments||Date range in which the account received adjustments of a specific type. For example, if you received 3 overdelivery credits on May 4, 12, and 31, the date range would show as May 4 - 31, 2018.||Adjustment type (for example, “Overdelivery credit” or “Invalid activity”)||A negative number showing amount account received for an adjustment type that month|
|Promotions||Date the promotion was activated||Promotion name or type||
The percentage (%) of your credit that was spent during this billing cycle. You can find the full amount of your promotion in the Promotions page.
Once active (ie. after spent requirements of your promotion are met), a promotion credit will be used up in full before we use your existing balance or charge your instrument on file. Any unspent credit will roll over to the next billing cycle, until you’ve used it all.
|Date range for which account was taxed||Tax type, tax rate, and total taxed amount||A positive number showing tax charged to account|
In addition, depending on your payment setting, you may see other payment-related line items on your “Transactions” page.
Transaction line items for automatic payments
- Automatic payment scheduled: An automatic bank account payment will take place in the next few days. This status shows only for accounts on automatic payments with a bank account assigned as the primary payment method. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as Automatic payment.
- Payment pending or Automatic payment pending: A payment is underway. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as a Payment or Automatic payment.
- Automatic payment declined: An automatic payment that was attempted wasn't successful -- if your bank declined the payment, for example. This will only show for credit card declines. For direct debit declines, you'll see Automatic payment canceled.
- Automatic payment canceled: A direct debit payment initiated by Google was canceled by your bank. You'll see a corresponding Automatic payment line item where Google first credits the money to your account (the amount will show as a negative number). With the Automatic payment canceled line item, Google will debit your account to balance out the payment that was initially credited to your account (the amount will show as a positive number).
- Automatic payment failed: This happens very rarely, and it means that a payment initiated by Google failed on our side. If this happens, we'll try to make the payment again.
Transaction line items for manual payments
- Payment: A payment you've initiated that's been applied to your account.
- Payment declined: A payment you attempted to make wasn't successful because your bank declined the payment.
- Payment failed: This happens very rarely, and it means that a payment you initiated failed on Google's side. Please try again. If your payments keep failing, please contact support.
- Payment refunded: A payment you initiated was refunded back to your credit card or bank account. The refunded amount will show as a negative number.
How to customize your Transactions page
By default, the page will show all transactions over the last 3 months. At the top of the page are filters for customizing your view.
“Detailed transaction view” or “Summary view”
You can switch between these views with the leftmost dropdown menu.
In the default “Detailed Transaction” view, you can see the following:
- Total costs accrued by each campaign over a month.
- Every payment your account made that month
- Every adjustment made to your account that month
- In the "Summary" view, you can see total monthly amounts by transaction type at a quick glance (for example, monthly totals for costs, payments, and adjustments).
Filter to see all transactions, or just your costs, payments, adjustments, promotions, or taxes, with the middle dropdown menu.
Filter by month with the rightmost dropdown menu.